GAST5002 - Interventions and Pharmacology in Gastroenterology (2 Units)
- Basic principles of gastrointestinal surgery
- Intervention radiology in GI and hepatobiliary diseases
- Pharmacology: Immunosuppressive and Biologics
- Endoscopic therapies in gastrointestinal bleeding
- Pharmacology: Cirrhosis and complications
- Workshop: Non-invasive assessment of liver fibrosis
- Basic principles of hepatobiliary surgery
- Endoscopic therapies in hepatobiliary disorders
- Endoscopic therapies in early gastrointestinal malignancies
- Workshop: Tests for H. pylori
- Pharmacology: GI and hepatobiliary infection
- Workshop: Diagnostic radiology
- Workshop: Interventional radiology
- Pharmacology: Therapies in peptic ulcer disease and functional GI disorders
- 1.To illustrate the role on therapeutic endoscopy.
- 2.To understand the basic principles of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary surgery.
- 3.To illustrate the role of minimally invasive interventional radiology on treatment of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disorders.
- 4.To provide an overview of interventional radiology in gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disorders.
- 5.To provide knowledge on the clinical pharmacology in gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disorders.